If you realize your Outlook program isn't responding has ceased functioning, isn't responding, or freezes or hangs regularly on Windows 10/8/7, then this informative article suggests some troubleshooting actions that you may try. Although it's almost always a fantastic idea to maximize & accelerate Outlook from time to time, you will at any time confront this matter.
Outlook not responding
1. Run Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode, with no add-ins. To try it, open Run box in the WinX Menu, kind view /secure and hit Enter. If Outlook not reacting give you some problems, it's likely that among its add-ins is generating difficulties. Have a look at your installed Outlook add-ins and disable these in order to discover the offender.
2. Hide hardware graphics acceleration for Outlook and see whether this helps. To try it, open Outlook app > File > Options > Mail > Write messages Editor Options button Advanced.
Here under Display segment, assess the Hide hardware graphics acceleration box and then click OK/Apply and Exit. Restart your Outlook and see. In case it gets the problem go away, then it is likely some problem with your video driver. Update it and watch.
Hardware Acceleration employs a computer's hardware for doing a specific job and operates quicker than is possible with the software. But this creates problems for many people. Turning it off is 1 thing you may try.
One thing that you would like to be aware of is that if you disable Hardware Acceleration for Outlook, it has turned off to all Office applications.
3. At the moment, your Outlook could be active in carrying out another procedure, such as synchronizing your email, archiving older things, etc.. Sometimes, Outlook might respond slowly. In instances like this, it is ideal to allow Outlook to finish its activity don't interrupt it.
4. If you've got a big Outlook info folder, then that may cause temporary recurrence as Outlook requires more time to start every email or information folder. All these Outlook data files could be personal folders (.pst) files or offline folder (.ost) files)
The expected behavior is as follows, based upon your .pst or .ost information file size.:
- Up to 5 GB: Great user experience on any hardware.
- 5 to 10 GB: Should you've got a fast hard disk and tons of RAM, your expertise will great. On others, you might experience until the pushes respond application pauses.
- 10 to 25 GB: whenever the .ost file touched this particular figure, anticipate frequent pauses on many hard disks.
- 25 GB or bigger: In case your .ost file spans this dimension, pauses or freezes could be anticipated, particularly as you're downloading new email messages or synchronizing many RSS feeds.
Therefore, in the event that it's possible, delete unwanted email to decrease the dimensions and be certain that auto-archiving of Outlook things is enabled.
5. There's yet another thing you may do. Microsoft has supplied Inbox Repair Tool in addition to a Repair It, which permits you to recover items and folders from corrupt Private Folders or .pst files. It may even recover things in the offline folder or even .ost files. The OST Integrity Check Tool can help you fix corrupt .ost files. Use the Inbox Repair Tool or Scanpst.exe to repair & optimize your Outlook info.
6. There are also a couple of control switches which could enable you to reset restore or fix specific Outlook functions. Have a look at this informative article -- Troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook issues, to find out more about this.
7. Utilize the Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool. It offers a comprehensive report of your installed Office applications and highlights known issues.
8. In case you get an Outlook has encountered an issue and needs to shut malfunction, cleaning your Outlook Profile is an alternative you may consider.
9. This informative article will explain to you in case your Outlook not responding, how you can fix an Outlook account.